12/6/07

so difficult to go to Bhutan

It is quite funny. 10 years ago, while I was reading a book written by Aung San Suu Kyi - my favorite writer and heroine, I learnt that her late husband - Dr. Michael Aris - was specilized in Tibetology. I thought what's for?? Daw Suu Kyi and Prof. Dr. Aris went to Bhutan as well. Where is Bhutan?? Ten years later, I myself fall in love with Himalayan Linguistics. Unfortunately, it is really difficult to go there because it is too expensive for me.

Now I have to ave money for my research trip to Seoul, South Korea - one of my beloved country.

I will try to keep both Korean and Himalayan Linguistics

1 comment:

ugyen said...

Dear Champagne,
Well It is true that Bhutan is an expensive Destination in The World to go or visit. But There is Something in Bhutan Which Attracts the Tourist and people, The Culture and The Tradition. Anyway Good Luck With Your Work and Hopefully You could make To Bhutan One day.

Regards
ugyen